One hour a day, for one more year. Making make-believe a priority.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bleak Takes a Bath

Okay, so Thursdays are definitely going to prove to be a challenge. There simply isn't the time for leisurely play...but there is time (as well as a great need) for a bath. The girls still take a bath together, though all of those long legs and arms are starting to make it all a bit more complicated. Usually, I get their hair washed and then leave them to their play. But not tonight! Tonight I hung out.

Esmee decided to take the dragon from her Happy Meal (I told you Thursdays are rushed) and bring it in the tub with her. I said Why not? It's not like she wanted to bring The Sunshine Family in the tub. So she did. His name is BLEAK. That's right. When she plays "puppies," her name is always Demon. And now we've got a aquatic dragon named Bleak living with us.


Meet Bleak.

Kicky, I noticed prefers to make beards and mustaches out of the bubbles. She also pretends that the tub is a swimming pool and "swims"...now I know where all of the water on the floor comes from.

I think one thing I am learning is that the girls are almost always playing...they don't have to set time aside. They simply seize any moment, any opportunity at all. In the car or in the tub. In the bathroom when they're supposed to be brushing their teeth or in bed when they're supposed to be falling asleep. I wish I could live like that.

What about you? When was the last time you played in the tub?

1 comment:

Ashley Ludwig said...

I love Bleak.

As far as playing in the bathtub...I have that lovely sunken tub, and it's full of floating whales, fish, and barbie mermaids... Someday it'll be mine again. for now, it's the girls' domain.

Yes, they still bathe together, too. Each jockeying for the "fountain" side, and hopefully get through bath time without drenching the floor...

~Ashley