One hour a day, for one more year. Making make-believe a priority.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

When I was a little girl, my mother always, always took time to play with me. She made all of my clothes and toys (most of which she saved for me to share with my own children -- before I even had any plans to have children). She was the queen of craft projects and always let me use grown-up things like scissors and knitting needles and sewing machines. We used to sing in her pickup truck together at the tops of our lungs (sipping on Tab and eating Cheetos). She let me stir the batter and knead the dough and when I put on a show in the front yard, she always had a quarter for admission. I love you, Mom...and thank you for teaching me how to play.

1 comment:

Kathryn Peterson said...

You look SO much like your mother. Wow. And I love this picture of you here. You can see the wisdom in your eyes, even then.