One hour a day, for one more year. Making make-believe a priority.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Warhol Meets Marie Curie

We've been busy here lately...but still trying to keep up the rigorous play schedule. Today was a day at the beach...buried Kick to her neck, and she's now filling the bathtub with about six pounds of sand she brought home in her bathing suit.

The other night I did something I hadn't done in awhile. Kicky had drawn a picture...titled "Science Lab"...and I offered to help color...you know like one of Warhol's Factory workers. And it was great. I'd forgotten the sort of calm that comes with coloring...especially when you're just coloring inside someone else's lines. (Yes...I'm an inside-the-line kind of colorer -- surprise!) But look how amazing our collaboration wound up.



And news flash from the tub -- and I quote --- "We're playing a game called Destructive Meanings." I'm not even going to ask.

No comments: